Sunday, February 12, 2012

Candy Bouquet and Rhyme for Valentine's :)

Hey everybody! I hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend :)

Today I want to share with ya'll the Valentine surprise I've put together for my boyfriend. It's a candy bouquet and it has a rhyme to go along with it.You may have already seen this on Pinterest (that's where I saw it) or at pattiewack.com, and while I kept most of it the same, there are a few differences.

Here is what mine looks like :)

 
The Rhyme :

Life is a (symphony) on Valentine's Day!
And to my (sweettart) I just wanna say...
Please don't (snicker) at my silly rhyme,
And we'll celebrate with a (whopper) of a time!
I wouldn't trade you for (100 grand)
Because you're my (Lifesaver) and my best friend.
You probably think this gift is funny.
But I'll always be your (Bit O' Honey).
So let's have (mounds) of fun today,
and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. - I give you my (heart (a Reeses heart)) and
 lot's of hugs and (kisses)!!! :)

**You can also use Big Hunk in the place of sweettart, but I couldn't find the Big Hunk candy.**


I printed this out and put it on a heart in the bouquet.


I changed mine to say (Lifesavers) instead of (good n' plenty) because he doesn't like licorice. I also added the P.S. at the end.

I put Happy Valentine's Day on the flower pot with vinyl and added a silver glitter ribbon around it.



I love the way it turned out!


Wanna make your own?

Here's what I used:
A flower pot
 (size depends on the candy size you use and
extra stuff you add! As you can see, I had to have a very large one lol)
Floral Foam
Shredded Paper
Tape
Wooden Skewers 
Ribbon
Cardstock (white and red)
Cricut Expression
Gyspy
White Vinyl
Glitter
Balloon
Red hearts on a stick (found at the Dollar Tree)
Red Paint & Paint Brush
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks

Candy I used:
Hershey's Symphony
Wonka Sweettarts
Snickers
Whoppers
100 grand
Lifesavers
Bit O' Honey
Mounds
Reeses Hearts
Hershey kisses

Directions:
1.) Paint your flower pot.
2.) Hot glue all the candy to the wooden skewers.
3.) Put your floral foam in your flower pot and arrange your candy (and extra stuff) the way you want.
4.) Use your gypsy and cricut to cut out the vinyl and stick it to your pot. Mine is cut from the gypsy wanderings cartridge and it's welded together. (skip this step if you don't have a gypsy or cricut.)
5.) Tie your ribbon around your pot.
6.) Cut out a heart using your cricut or however is possible for you (i have 2 layers of hearts so I used pop dots to stick them together) 
7.) Add glitter or any other decoration.
8.) Print out your poem and glue it to your heart.
9.) Glue or tape your heart to a wooden skewer. (mine is taped)

And that's all :)



Hope you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!


I'm linking this up to:



Pincushion Creations



Craft Junkie Too Friend




3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I like it so much better than the ones I've seen before on the posters. It's such a great idea to do it the way you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very happy to share my great and wonderful testimony with everyone on this site..: I was married for 4 years to my husband and all of a sudden another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive.but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost.... He filed for divorce and my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do, he moved out of the house and abandoned me and the kids... my very close friend told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back and introduced me to a spell caster so i decided to try it. although i didn't believe in all those things then when he did the special prayers and spell, after 2 days, my husband came back and was pleading that he had realized his mistakes I just couldn't believe it, anyway we are back together now and we are happy in case anyone needs help here is his email address; Account
    doctorirekenagba@gmail.com His spells is for a better life OR call his number
    +2347059630655 or contact him on WHATSAPP

    ReplyDelete